Back pain is common and affects about 80% adults at some point in their life. It usually feels like an ache, tension or stiffness in your back. Back pain is one of the most common reasons why people come to physiotherapist.
The pain can be triggered by sitting badly, bending or sitting awkwardly, or lifting incorrectly. It does not have to point out some more serious disease and in some cases pain gets better in 10-12 weeks. However if the cause is deeper than just a clumsy posture it is very important to begin therapy as soon as possible to avoid possible complications.
Back pain is not standart! Specialists of RA Health centre will diagnose your spine and choose the most effective case for your therapy.
Many people are surprised to learn that carefully selected exercise can actually reduce back pain. Some exercises can even provide quick and significant pain relief and speed up recovery. Once your pain lessens or disappears, exercise can restore back movement and muscle strength to help protect against future pain.
Don’t wait for back pain to visit you - prophylaxis is the most effective treatment!
- Smoking - smokers suffer from back pain much more often than nonsmokers!
- Weight - weight control is important to maintain a healthy back. Overweight leads to sometimes irreversible consequences to your lowerback.
- Exercise to strengthen the deep spine muscles
- Strengthening exercises
- Stretching/ and flexibility exercises
- aerobic exercise
- Balance and coordination exercises
Before you start physical or sports activity always consult with your physiotherapist! Together with specialist you’ll tailor the most effective solution!